Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager PRN
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 1, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Case Manager, Case Management Dept, Full-Time (1.0 FTE), Days
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a
24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of
inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area---s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as
Certified Primary Stroke Center.-- Lawnwood---s Physical
Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a
row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of
Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center &
Heart Institute, patients come first --- no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center--is a member of the nation---s
leading provider of healthcare services,Hospital Corporation of
America. Historically HCA has been named one ofEthisphere---s
World---s Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of
Benefits:We offer you anexcellent total compensation package,
including competitive salary, excellentbenefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and yourability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical,dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employeediscount program, and employee stock
The RN Case Manager works with physicians and other members of the
multidisciplinary team to develop a plan for each patient from
admission to discharge. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs continuous assessments and evaluations to ensure
patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating
efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress
and discharge planning needs.
- Performs utilization review ensuring admissions meet criteria
for appropriateness of care and medical necessity.
- Manages the process to review and, as appropriate, appeal
denials received from payors.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement
of all members of the healthcare team. Counsels with patients and
family members in decision making and in meeting psycho social
needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to
patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate
smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the
team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.--
Qualifications Position Qualifications:
- Current FL RN Licensure
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- BSN preferred
- CCM preferred
- Minimum 5 years of clinical nursing experience - preferably in
an acute environment
- Knowledge of CMS guidelines and experience working with payor
specific guidelines and contractual rules preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines
- Assertive and persuasive communication skills, action
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager PRN, Executive , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!