Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Management - $35-44 per hour
Company: HCA Florida Healthcare
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 23, 2022
HCA Florida Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Case
Management for a nursing job in Fort Pierce, Florida.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Case Management
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 40 hours per week
- Shift: 10 hours, days
- Employment Type: PermanentDescription IntroductionDo you have
the career opportunities as a(an) RN Case Manager you want with
your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital which is part of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsHCA
Florida Lawnwood Hospital, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. Our teams are a committed, caring group of
colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) RN Case Manager where your
passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If
you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
expertise!RN Case ManagerCase Management DepartmentFull Time, Day
Shift (Rotating Weekends), 1.0 FTEHCA Florida Lawnwood HospitalFort
Pierce, FL Job Description: The RN CM is responsible for promoting
patient-centered care by coordinating the plan of care for the
patient stay, managing the length of stay, ensuring appropriate
resource management and developing a safe appropriate discharge
plan in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. The RN CM
facilitates the progression and transition of care using
established criteria and in conjunction with the multidisciplinary
team. The RN CM will coordinate activities that promote quality
outcomes and patient throughput while supporting a balance of
optimal care and appropriate resource utilization.
- Provides case management services for both inpatient and
observation patients as assigned
- Identifies patients who are at risk for adverse outcomes during
the transition from one level of care/setting to another.
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of psychosocial, medical
and discharge needs of patients/family along with an assessment of
resources appropriate and available to the patient/family.
- Reassesses the patient's clinical condition as indicated.
Considers patient's readmission status or risk of readmission and
develops strategies to mitigate including education on
appropriately accessing healthcare resources, preventative
education, and community-based resources.
- Coordinates the plan of care and drives the discharge plan by
collaborating with the multidisciplinary health care team and in
particular with the patient's physician to facilitate a successful
- In partnership with Social Services, the RN CM is responsible
for ensuring the post-acute medical needs and level of care are
- The RN CM is responsible for timely referral to Social Services
when risk factors for psychosocial determinants of health are
- Involves patient, family/responsible/significant others in
identifying and clarifying needs and expectations to develop mutual
and realistic goals.
- Evaluates progression of care using evidence-based tools and
approved criteria (InterQual) throughout the episode of care;
escalates progression and transition of care issues through the
established chain of command.
- Makes appropriate referrals to third party payer, disease and
case management programs for recurring patients and patients with
chronic disease states.
- Align patient's needs with available resources to ensure a safe
discharge / transition.
- Acts as a liaison through effective and professional
communications between and with physicians, patient / family,
hospital staff, and outside agencies.
- Serve as an advocate for patient's rights, needs, and values;
ensuring that patients' ethnic, cultural, or religious values,
beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- RN with current state licensure. BSN Bachelor's preferred.
- 5 years or more of nursing experience with 2 years critical
care or 3 years nursing experience with 2 years case management
- Certification in case management, nursing, or utilization
- InterQual experience, preferred.This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital is a 380-bed acute-care
hospital. Offering a full range of services. We are home to the
most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast. Lawnwood
Hospital provides interventional and therapeutic care, including
open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include labor/delivery,
pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, adult and
pediatric emergency services, and diagnostic services. We also
offer inpatient, and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood Hospital is a designated Certified Primary Stroke Center.
The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited. We are a
Level II Trauma Center. We are verified by the American College of
Surgeons. We offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach. We provide
emergency treatment for adults and children. We also offer the
area's only Level III Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units.
At HCA Florida Lawnwood Hospital patients come first - no matter
what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment while
enjoying a vibrant, laid-back quality of life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.--
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an
opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we
encourage you to apply for our--RN Case Manager opening. We
promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews.--Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.HCA Florida Healthcare
Job ID #1-INFOR-352156. Pay package is based on 10 hour shifts and
40 hours per week (subject to confirmation). Posted job title: RN
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
Keywords: HCA Florida Healthcare, Fort Pierce , Registered Nurse (RN) - Case Management - $35-44 per hour, Executive , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!