RN Case Manager PRN
Company: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
RN Case Manager PRN Per Diem (FTE .001) Lawnwood Regional Medical
Center Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed
acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is
home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast
and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care,
including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a
24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department,
labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology,
nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of
inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood
provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and
Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as
Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation
Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital
is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by
Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart
Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's
leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of
America. Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's
World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!
The RN Case Manager works with physicians and other members of the
multidisciplinary team to develop a plan for each patient from
admission to discharge. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs continuous assessments and evaluations to ensure
patient is progressing towards desired outcomes.
- Assesses and responds to patient/family needs by coordinating
efforts of other team members.
- Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient
- Collaborates and consults with physicians on patient's progress
and discharge planning needs.
- Performs utilization review ensuring admissions meet criteria
for appropriateness of care and medical necessity.
- Manages the process to review and, as appropriate, appeal
denials received from payors.
- Coordinates the discharge planning process ensuring involvement
of all members of the healthcare team. Counsels with patients and
family members in decision making and in meeting psycho social
needs of the patient.
- Maintains knowledge of resources and facilities available to
patients and family members.
- Collaborates with personnel at other facilities to coordinate
smooth and effective patient transfers and transitions.
- Compiles, evaluates, and reports statistics to members of the
team and utilizes the information to facilitate process improvement
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- FL RN Licensure, or
- Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State
Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing
eligibility and duration provisions)
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN
- BLS required
- Minimum 1-3+ years of clinical nursing experience - preferably
in an acute hospital environment
- Previous Case Management experience highly preferred
- Customer service abilities including effective listening
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision meeting firm deadlines Notice Our
Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility
within your career and we take your candidate experience very
seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee
will request financial or personal information (Social Security
Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email.
The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like
Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or
job-related email, let us know by clicking here . For questions
about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers
at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, Fort Pierce , RN Case Manager PRN, Executive , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!