Director of Development
Company: United Way Worldwide
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: April 5, 2021
United Way of St. Lucie County has been in operation since 1962.
For over 50 years, it's been viewed as effective, efficient, and
experienced in understanding and providing for health and human
services needs in St. Lucie County. It was founded by local
community leaders to support the health and welfare of the
community. United Way recruits individuals and organizations that
bring passion, expertise and resources needed to improve lives. We
provide the most comprehensive range of health and human services
needed in St. Lucie County. Our organization is uniquely positioned
to provide resources to a broad range of nonprofit service
providers while holding each of them accountable for producing
real, measurable results. Each service provided by United Way and
our Funded Partners is critically important to the overall health
and well-being of our community. Every year, United Way dollars
touch the lives of tens of thousands of individuals and families in
our community by creating opportunities for a better life for all.
Our foundation was humble, with the organization taking root to
connect those most in need with those who felt a deep desire to
give back to the place they called home. Even after a half-century
of serving this community, the goals of this organization remain
firmly engrained in that simple principle. It's the core of our
mission: to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our
community. The Director of Development provides oversight and
leadership of the annual fundraising campaign and any special
events. Cultivates relationships within all accounts, organizes and
manages workplace campaigns to encourage increased participation
and giving within all accounts, in order to maximize potential and
reach desired goals. Includes prospecting, developing relationships
with non-giving accounts, and making cold calls. Ability to
establish donor relationships with individuals and organizations.
Contributes to, and demonstrates ownership of, organizational
goals. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead volunteers and build strong, mutually beneficial
relationships with key stakeholders that increase revenue and
- Research, identify, and develop relationships with non-giving
accounts and achieve assigned percent of goal for new account
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with current donors and prospects
in order to expand United Way's influence and revenue.
- Develop strategies to recruit and cultivate key campaign
volunteers. This includes staffing committee meetings; providing
board/committee members and volunteers with information, messaging
platform, training and direction; and monitoring progress of
- Ensure the development and implementation of campaign
strategies to meet financial resource potential.
- Track revenue generation, retention, visits, and key business
activity throughout the year; provide regular activity status;
update projections to target, and conduct the appropriate account
analysis to build and refine business goals
- Research, develop and maintain all aspects of
relationship/contact management for key donors, including database
management, recognition materials, oral and written
- Develop and oversees budgets, work plans and realistic
timetables to accomplish organizational goals.
- Create motivational meetings and special events as related to
resource development, including all arrangements and recruitment of
support as needed (volunteers, staff, agency staff).
- Work effectively with other functions team members and key
volunteers to provide appropriate support and value to
- Leverage relationships to create additional opportunities with
other organizations and individuals.
- Foster creative thinking and facilitate future partnerships
within corporate accounts.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in social science, business,
marketing/communications or related field.
- At least 3-5 years proven fund development or sales experience
in the United Way system and/or nonprofit preferred
- Able to demonstrate ability to increase revenue through
implemented strategies and relationship building skills
- Able to demonstrate highly developed communication,
organization and planning skills
- Developed technical and analytical skills related to fund
- Entrepreneurial and innovative thinking
- Ability to present information and data in written, electronic
and oral forms
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications Must have the use
of a reliable vehicle for transportation to outside meetings WORK
ENVIRONMENT Work is in a controlled, agreeable environment as
generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be
required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to
programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or
weekends. These events may--require several hours on your feet and
assisting with heavy lifting and carrying. UNITED WAY CORE
COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
--- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others' commitment to mission to
create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier
communities. This drives their performance and professional
--- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before
process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships
toward a common goal.
--- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all
sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and
human) through meaningful engagement.
--- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for
the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging
strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
--- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her
role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the
Keywords: United Way Worldwide, Fort Pierce , Director of Development, Executive , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!