Director of Networking & Systems
Company: A-1 Roof Trusses
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Summary/ObjectiveThe Director is responsible for the management
and administration, security, operations and maintenance of A-1's
data network (internal and external connectivity) and shared
central computing resources (multi-platform server
environment).This includes day to day management, staff
supervision, technical support, security enforcement, needs
assessment, systems architecture, budgetary input, new/renovation
construction specifications, strategic planning and project
management in a complex, integrated Internet-connected computing
and networking environment. The employee in this position performs
complex IT work related to network, infrastructure, and systems,
leads/directs team members in day-to-day operations, and works to
meet/establish strategic IT goals and manage projects. The Director
is responsible for making high-level decisions that have
institution wide impact.
Reports to Chief Financial Officer
Essential Duties and Functions
- Develop and maintain networking and hardware that supports the
needs of the organization.
- Engage and collaborate with Sr. management to define and
understand hardware requirements and suggest new capabilities that
support company goals and objectives.
- Analyze business requirements of all departments and determine
their technology needs. Identify and plan the need for new systems
or upgrades to meet the company's goals and objectives.
- Analyze processes and align technology to ensure efficient
operation within the organization.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships, negotiate service
contracts and subscription rates, oversee the budgeting and
purchase of IT hardware, software and services. Research and
recommend new products and services that meet the company's goals
- Establish and maintain company-wide policies and procedures
that ensure data security and compliance policies and practices
align with requirements.
- Develop enterprise data management strategies and implement
tools to provide visualization, reporting and business intelligence
relevant data for analysis, process management, operations,
- Troubleshooting complex applications and determine best methods
of issue resolution.
- Maintaining documentation while overseeing project
- Systems administration in a variety of software and hardware
- Must be hands-on and can succeed with a small in-house
- Prepares annual budgets and operates the department within
- Proactively develops and maintains instructions and guidelines
for end users in the operation of their software and hardware
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies,
- Knowledge and experience in project planning, implementation,
- Knowledge and experience with virtual servers and current
backup/restore systems and practices.
- Other duties as assigned Competencies and Personal AttributesTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must serve as the
subject matter expert and be strategic in planning and execution.
Must be able to perform each essential duty proactively,
anticipating challenges and with forward-thinking. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
or work restrictions to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time exempt
TravelMinimal travel may be needed.
Required Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on hardware and networking experience
- Bachelor's degree in management, computer science or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of
systems and their specifications.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network
and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and
Keywords: A-1 Roof Trusses, Fort Pierce , Director of Networking & Systems, Executive , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!