TRIO Instructor St. Lucie County Upward Bound
Company: Indian River State College
Location: Fort Pierce
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Description JOB SUMMARY: Under minimal direction, the Upward
Bound Instructor will be responsible for designing, planning, and
delivering educational programs to high school students from
underprivileged backgrounds. Fosters a positive and inclusive
learning environment that encourages student participation, active
engagement and a commitment to helping students achieve academic
success. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Develops and implements engaging and interactive lesson plans
in various subjects, including mathematics, science, English, and
- Provides individualized tutoring and academic support to
students to enhance their understanding and performance in core
- Monitors and assesses student progress regularly, provides
constructive feedback to students and their parents or
- Collaborates with other instructors and staff members to
coordinate educational activities, workshops, and field trips.
- Mentors and guides students in setting academic goals and
developing effective study skills.
- Assists students in preparing for standardized tests, including
ACT and SAT, by offering test-taking strategies and practice
- Provides guidance and support to students in the college
application process, including researching colleges, writing
personal statements, and applying for scholarships and financial
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance, academic
performance, and program activities.
- Completes all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Mathematics, Science, English,
or a related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum Three (3) years previous experience in teaching or
tutoring, preferably with high school students from diverse
- Knowledge of curriculum development and instructional
strategies tailored to meet the needs of disadvantaged youth.
- Familiarity with college admissions processes, financial aid,
and scholarship opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, patient and the ability to
establish rapport with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills,
attention to detail and a passion for teaching.
- adaptability to meet the diverse needs of our students
- Ability to adapt teaching methods to accommodate different
learning styles and abilities.
- Proficiency in using educational technology and online learning
- Commitment to promoting a positive and inclusive learning
environment for all students. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The ability to stand, sit, and move around for extended
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and classroom
- Ability to lift and carry educational materials and supplies,
up to 25 pounds. This description is intended to indicate typical
kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required
of positions given this title and shall not be construed as
declaring every specific duty and responsibility of the particular
position. This job description is not intended to be a contract for
employment, and the employer reserves the right to make any
necessary revisions to the job description at any time without
notice. Classification Staff Supervisory No FLSA Exempt No
Employment Type Temporary (Fixed Term) Compensation and Application
Deadline The hourly rate for this position starts at $20.25/hr -
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience and
education - Grant Funded -Open until filled -
Keywords: Indian River State College, Fort Pierce , TRIO Instructor St. Lucie County Upward Bound, Education / Teaching , Fort Pierce, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!